Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Week 2

I can't believe is already the second week! Ok here is the power point for this week:

Week 2 Power Point

So I have decided that the Official Linux Release for this class will be Fedora core 14. I had thought I might use Ubuntu or Cent OS but feel that Fedora is better suited for learning the exam essentials. You certainly can use any distro you like, in fact, I encourage you to try out as many Linux Distro as possible. You can do this all for free by downloading Virtual Box and then install the different Distros as VMs.


This week we talked about hardware requirements and considerations for Linux. We installed a Fedora Core VM and got it updated and made a few config changes so that we will be able to better manage the system. If you have a computer at home, I encourage you to try this so that you have a workstation to do extra study. Remember, getting good with Linux takes time and effort. Its just like a friend, the more time you spend with them the better you know them. =)

As for labs, I found something online that is really cool. I was going to write all the labs but instead of re-inventing the wheel, I found an open-source destination for Linux labs. Its at labmanual.org. This week we are going to go through the first two labs.

Lab 1

Lab 2

Remember to take notes on the things you learn in these labs in your notebook. Your note book should be written as a personal Linux reference manual for yourself as well as readable by me.

Ok, keep it up its going to start getting fun from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment